A Pastor's Prayer
'Please Lord, ' a Pastor's plea,
'Show me how to Shepard each of these.'
'Give me words when they are down,
That hope and peace may be found.'
On his knees, he shares his heart,
'Please use me, every part.'
'Nothing will I ever hold back,
Please make up for, where I lack.'
Use my mouth, to proclaim Your Word,
So truth may be told to all who have heard.
Use my eyes, to see those you love,
As You, mold them in Your Image above.
Use my ears, to listen to their needs,
Use my mind, … Show me how to lead.
Use my arms, in loving hugs,
For it is on Your heartstrings that they tug.
Use my laughter, in times of joy,
Use my hands, as I dedicate a new baby boy.
Use my heart, even though it may break,
As I say goodbye, to a long loved saint.
Give me strength, thru the day
And much forgiveness along the way.
For I am just a man, I make mistakes
Thank you for Your mercy and Your Grace.
You are my Father, Mentor, Savior, Friend,
Please stay with me until the end.
My body and soul I give to You,
Help me to live as You would do.
I am only an extension of Your hand
As I touch every woman, child and man.
I pray that thru this vessel they will see,
You, only Jesus, living thru me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Pastor's Prayer by Denise Poole )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(3rd April 19sixty)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Poem of the Day
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Nine Views of the Huang Shang, Paul Hartal
- Died Eagle, Nassy Fesharaki
- Calm Days'll Arrive, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Aches Of Mermen, Naveed Akram