A Poem, A Painting; A Dream
My eyes nailed on the words written
On a leaf of paper floating in the air;
Misty eyes devoured the painted sunset
and feasted on every ray,
Painting of their love glared behind the clouds
As if hiding away.
Words formed from clouds where,
Memories rise within her reach
As she sits alone at the beach.
Her heart hums the tune of the days,
Sweetly blows the breeze,
Gently ruffles the leaves of yesterday.
As her eyes followed
The brown leaves gently falls on the ground.
Love gleefully waves at the blue skies
Welcoming the gentle drizzles, showering
New leaves slowly grow on every branch
Believing its strength as it strongly stand.
From blurred images appear gentle hands;
Gently lifting the waving sunset
Before darkness swallow its last ray
Lighting the place where love lies,
Warming the embers before it totally dies.
Burning with spoken promises
A promise of a beautiful tomorrow
A promise of a life together
A promise of a new love
As soft sound of a wave slowly splashes;
A cool dropp touches my face,
As I”m trying to catch the last painting,
My mind wandering, was it just a dream?
Maia Padua's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poem, A Painting; A Dream by Maia Padua )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 March 1941 -)
Mary Elizabeth Frye
(13 November, 1905 - 15 September 2004)
- Mark Strand
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- God Only Knows!, Mohit Sharma
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- With gun yielding, hasmukh amathalal
- Along with many, hasmukh amathalal
- No other culture, hasmukh amathalal
- A Splendor Beauty, Hanh Chau
- With all, hasmukh amathalal
- It isn't to launder my clothes, Mark Heathcote
- Tell Me, Amanda Purczynski
- For My Countrymen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- boy, love on this, Mandolyn ...
- To Purge, Amanda Purczynski