Sitting silently beside the sleepy shore
Eyes staring blankly, thoughts drifted away
Pondering on the sweet and warm kisses we've shared
and all those words of love that brightens my day...
Tears, slowly dripping down my cheeks
Why does it had to go this way?
Why do you have to vanish like reeks?
Oh, how i wished you're here to stay
And love me once again, I pray.
I looked up above to wish upon a shooting star,
To bring you back to me, make my dream a reality
I look towards the waves, to carry you from afar
To ease the loneliness, fill the emptiness in me..
Feeling so empty, i went down on my knee
Can't help the pain, the pain that's killing me..
Then, a strong arms held me gently
Wipe my tears with warm kisses, my heart in glee
The man I have longed for had came back to me.
Maia Padua's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Back Again by Maia Padua )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(15 April 1958)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- From Within, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crestfallen, Phil Soar
- Hedonism, Edward Kofi Louis
- Afshan Ahmad and The Terrorists, Akhtar Jawad
- My lovely Muse from Venus, Yor Nella
- Egoism, Edward Kofi Louis
- Caroline, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Silent Love, Phil Soar
- Dream (landless Zimbabweans), Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Vintage Flower, Edward Kofi Louis