(A poem of my island) 6- the Fisherman's wife
The fisherman is a very boring man
All he ever speaks of is fish.
But his wife on the other hand
Has interesting stories to tell
But she won’t tell a sole,
And it leaves a hole
In the history, of my island.
So i spoke to her,
And she agreed o speak
And she got out a small box.
And i watched with excitement
As she took out some photos she had.
They were all black and white.
And they all were obscure
But she looked at them
With a twinkle in her eye.
At every picture there was a tale,
Like the boys who once played by...
And the parties by the....
Or even the mountain climber who stopped for...
The stories were great
But more important still
Was the look in her eyes
as she reminisced about old times
Timothy Venard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((A poem of my island) 6- the Fisherman's wife by Timothy Venard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman