PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
A prayer to my Pagli...
Pagli, I know, you have lots to say
to me, your love.Then why hold them back
from me, your love, and pain both of us?
Don`t keep so quiet; it kills my heart.
Why you`re so mute since our start?
Or tell me in a word where you keep your words
that you may love to say but never ever say;
and if it`s your heart, I`ll brave the storms
to find them all and I`ll make hay.
Pagli, don`t keep mum.
Let me hear; let them come
out to my heart like love smart.
Your silence brings a spooky chill;
frosts in summer and kills the spring thrill.
Shower me with your words, the words of love;
and I`ll die as a white dove.
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Topic(s): love and pain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A prayer to my Pagli... by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
- I am here to help you, gajanan mishra
- Father, gajanan mishra
- Within The Forest, Brianna SaurusRex
- The Beatles in Auckland, michael walker
- Gandhi, gajanan mishra
- Keep Up, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You, Jose Orozco
- In my heart - you are, gajanan mishra
- 9 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 2 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)