Have you never
' What do I Know? '
And when I have
I've come to feel
A dandelion seed
By the wind
' Why? ', you ask.
Within that shriveled head,
Beneath one dead grey tuft
There lies a secret -
That tiny speck of brown
Knows how to grow
Another plant complete!
To multiply itself
Ten thousand fold!
This secret be mine?
Will I be so complete?
Where's my shrivelled head
With one grey tuft -
To welcome it!
© M. Barrett – all rights reserved
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Question by Mike Barrett )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- SAINTS AND SINNERS, Changu Chilwesa
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Spring, Nivedita Patnaik
- Reading The Tea-Leaves of My Father..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nagasaki ...... [WAR; VERY SHORT; nucle.., Bri Edwards
- O My Friend Jerry, Abdulrazak Aralimatti
- The Chance, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Eve, Leong Ming Loong
- SCROUSE and SCRUMPY, michael walkerjohn
- ` S a c r e d..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Spring Rhyme, Luo Zhihai
- Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland