Have you never
' What do I Know? '
And when I have
I've come to feel
A dandelion seed
By the wind
' Why? ', you ask.
Within that shriveled head,
Beneath one dead grey tuft
There lies a secret -
That tiny speck of brown
Knows how to grow
Another plant complete!
To multiply itself
Ten thousand fold!
This secret be mine?
Will I be so complete?
Where's my shrivelled head
With one grey tuft -
To welcome it!
© M. Barrett – all rights reserved
Mike Barrett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Question by Mike Barrett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dare - Devil Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'll be missing you, Emma Wilson
- A U G U S T, hasmukh amathalal
- Conquest, Liilia Talts Morrison
- My Circus Tent, Stephen Loomes
- Mute Talking Drum, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- silkworm, Marshall Gass
- you on a continent climbed....., Marshall Gass
- I reached deep into a pocket........., Marshall Gass
- Leaves Of The Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak