A REAL HERO
>A REAL HERO
Some people come into our life and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.
We admire some people because they are good at what they do and we want to be like them.
Both actions and character are keys to what it takes to be a hero. Perhaps a person is your hero because he or she is extremely honest, or may be that person fought to improve a bad situation or helped someone in great need.
Recipe of a hero: Although heroes are unique, there is a common denominator. A hero makes a difference to the lives of others, often without fanfare. The influence of a hero's actions can live long after the actual deeds are forgotten.
A hero models the great possibilities of the human spirit. This can help us discover our own talents and heroic qualities.
But remember: Heroes are only human. They may not do everything right all the time.
Learning to understand their mistakes and putting them into perspective is a sign of maturity. So imitate the good in others, while always trying to be our own unique best selves.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A REAL HERO by bhumika wadhwa )
- Really Cancerous, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Prestiage, Vishal Sharma
- Halloween, Damian Murphy
- YOUNG AND INNOCENT, Philo Yan
- Tale of the Neck, Ima Ryma
- Life's Lived Long Lessons, Katherine Nordhaus
- Nigah-e-naaz (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- चाँद रात में सैर, Rajnish Manga
- Passages of Time, Phil Soar
- Listening To Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)