A rude rhyme on the rudimentaries.
I recently had reason for a boast
when emptying my bowels in great haste.
I felt the need to raise a glass and toast
my puerile prize which others see as waste.
'Come see this beauty! ' I cried to my wife.
'A full 5 pounder, if it be an ounce! '
She answered swiftly 'NO! ! ! Not on your life'
I waited by the door, ready to pounce.
'You must come see my proud and portly poo!
Just hold your nose and have a sneaky peek'
'All right! ! .' She then relented and would do
her worst witnessing duty of the week.
'There's nothing here! Have you been telling tales? '
'Hell no, ' I cried. 'It's on the bloody scales! '
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A rude rhyme on the rudimentaries. by Dan Reynolds )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, You Are Poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL