A SECRET MESSAGE TO OUR POLITICIANS
Why can’t we have proportional representation at the polls?
Do our politicians look down from above on us poor souls?
In first past the post systems, the several others always loose,
The system is so badly bent that no one needs an excuse.
How do we get propositions, recalls and referendums?
Should I send my opposition politician a memorandum?
Can politicians ignore the needs of the people forever?
Are all attempts and pleas for change a useless endeavour?
How do we get an euthanasia pill or death with dignity?
Are these decisions ruled by some high religious deity?
Could we have set-date elections and plebiscites please?
Should I just shut up because of my lack of expertise?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A SECRET MESSAGE TO OUR POLITICIANS by James Bredin )
- Future, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Poets, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Fallacy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Adam(ant), Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Searching truth, gajanan mishra
- Thank You Lord, Athena Hood
- Finnish, Leslie Philibert
- Life shall turn, hasmukh amathalal
- Introverted Victims, Aisling Chia
- No Sheep to Count, Aisling Chia
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)