A SECRET MESSAGE TO OUR POLITICIANS
Why can’t we have proportional representation at the polls?
Do our politicians look down from above on us poor souls?
In first past the post systems, the several others always loose,
The system is so badly bent that no one needs an excuse.
How do we get propositions, recalls and referendums?
Should I send my opposition politician a memorandum?
Can politicians ignore the needs of the people forever?
Are all attempts and pleas for change a useless endeavour?
How do we get an euthanasia pill or death with dignity?
Are these decisions ruled by some high religious deity?
Could we have set-date elections and plebiscites please?
Should I just shut up because of my lack of expertise?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A SECRET MESSAGE TO OUR POLITICIANS by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane