A SECRET MESSAGE TO OUR POLITICIANS
Why can’t we have proportional representation at the polls?
Do our politicians look down from above on us poor souls?
In first past the post systems, the several others always loose,
The system is so badly bent that no one needs an excuse.
How do we get propositions, recalls and referendums?
Should I send my opposition politician a memorandum?
Can politicians ignore the needs of the people forever?
Are all attempts and pleas for change a useless endeavour?
How do we get an euthanasia pill or death with dignity?
Are these decisions ruled by some high religious deity?
Could we have set-date elections and plebiscites please?
Should I just shut up because of my lack of expertise?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A SECRET MESSAGE TO OUR POLITICIANS by James Bredin )
- Lost in the woods, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- I Could Not But Be Afar, Pijush Biswas
- One Minute Fool, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- It's Evening, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- My Life Today, Ron Baratono
- River Seeks The Low Points, Saiom Shriver
- Sea Sights, Saiom Shriver
- Revolving Cross, Saiom Shriver
- Words Awash, Saiom Shriver
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)