James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
A SECRET MESSAGE TO OUR POLITICIANS
Why can’t we have proportional representation at the polls?
Do our politicians look down from above on us poor souls?
In first past the post systems, the several others always loose,
The system is so badly bent that no one needs an excuse.
How do we get propositions, recalls and referendums?
Should I send my opposition politician a memorandum?
Can politicians ignore the needs of the people forever?
Are all attempts and pleas for change a useless endeavour?
How do we get an euthanasia pill or death with dignity?
Are these decisions ruled by some high religious deity?
Could we have set-date elections and plebiscites please?
Should I just shut up because of my lack of expertise?
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.