A Shiny Light
It's stronger than a thing should be, a resting place in flight.
And gathers all the strength it needs from shiny morning light.
Some older than the memory serves yet younger than it seems.
I even thought I heard some sing, but maybe those were dreams.
I grew a bit and ventured up to earn a goodly friend.
A thing that I could count upon, on that I could depend.
It has no face or mouth to speak or eye to see me dance.
Still I shall friendly, chat it up to spare me miss the chance.
Befriend us till the end of day and place them end to end.
While all the time I'm reaching out it held a hand to lend.
And now that time is drawing near and darker is the light,
I ask that you will, while I'm gone, do feed it shiny light.
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The Poetaster Aug/2013
Comments about this poem (A Shiny Light by Thomas Adams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma
- this is for you, dipstick, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -29, Ronjoy Brahma
- Solitary, Claude H Oliver II
- Resolution?, Claude H Oliver II
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -28, Ronjoy Brahma