A Ship, An Anchor and a Storm.
In love and life we chose the best and it can crash at every test;
to have the spirit to endure is a rare thing.
To be torn by others is a sin but to be borne by others during a misery is a plaster on a wound when the morning dawn light wakes to find you wanting.
A man, a woman a love true broken and sewn asunder by others a sin;
to take, to empty, to drain in or for gain, but why to ask is brave.
Give, give more and when you are empty find the strength to replenish through - trust, faith, hope and love. G-d will provide and you can triumph!
Bring forth the passion set upon tears and unheard by anger. An anger irrational born of life and circumstance. Can I compete? Can I?
There takes two in such a love to join and stay; if one leaves the other Dove dies unwillingly as it mated for life and so love withers.
Can a Swan see a future but to join its heart, a dove or any bonded animal. I ask can I be one today?
What would you do if you could, say I?
Say yes there's error in life, judgement and grey truths? That a love should replenish and love is enough and to walk away loving is to have lost the greatest love of all; for one stays and dies when one is untrue to their heart. An unconceivable loss. A fathomless pit of pains akin to Faust.
A Ship laden with treasure and an Anchor that holds it in Tempestuous Time can be lifted and lost. It's only an Anchor after all but the Ship sails and today is a good day My Son.
When your head lies on your pillow I pray a Shaft of Fire burn your bed and fill you in your Dreams to come; today you could have 'Saved a Life' and today you weighed Anchor.
Can you see the light this Dawn? Can you see my Soul Omri? Can you have Anger such to blind or can you hate to part? Loss can be so distruthfull and later on reflection - clear and sorrowful. Wake up, wake up!
On my sad pillow I lay my head to see a formula of afterlife? That is up not across or is it in Vein to see which way I bleed? My Heart, my Soul or my Blood as it flows warmly by me allowing a lapse into Freedom.
G-d is Kind
G-d is Merciful
G-d accept my Soul.
Azriel Dreams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Ship, An Anchor and a Storm. by Azriel Dreams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(7 October 1948 -)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- गोसोखौ बुरखायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Banging, Casey Renee Kiser
- New Birth, Paul Sebastian
- First Encounter - Tan Sri Clement Hii, john tiong chunghoo
- I Chose To Mickey With The Mouse, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honey-Bee Lover, Paul Sebastian
- How real is This Truth?, michael walkerjohn
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan
- Sold, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie