A sickness of conformity
Ndinesigulo. Hayi ayisose ngqondo
Kodwa into nantsi ihlaba entliziyweni.
Ithi mandiye kwantliziyo ndise, nyawo ndikhaphe.
A sickness that is a mystery to doctors
My own sickness that distinguishes me from the rest
A heart that seeks more that the eye sees
A sting in the heart that seeks adventure in a world of suits
Call me crazy. I understand, its the only label give to diamonds.
Andikho seBhofolo kodwa intliziyo yam ayiphilanga.
Everything in this life is done by mind.
All your decisions carefully contemplated.
Oh where has the joy of impulse gone
The freedom of freeing your own mind from prison
Which is why I live with my heart in my head and my grey matter right next to me.
Dont get me wrong. I dont beg to differ.
I am different.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A sickness of conformity by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Carnal Succubus, Is It Poetry
- The Music Just Stops, mike scully
- colorful lies, Mary Amrutha
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky