A sickness of conformity
Ndinesigulo. Hayi ayisose ngqondo
Kodwa into nantsi ihlaba entliziyweni.
Ithi mandiye kwantliziyo ndise, nyawo ndikhaphe.
A sickness that is a mystery to doctors
My own sickness that distinguishes me from the rest
A heart that seeks more that the eye sees
A sting in the heart that seeks adventure in a world of suits
Call me crazy. I understand, its the only label give to diamonds.
Andikho seBhofolo kodwa intliziyo yam ayiphilanga.
Everything in this life is done by mind.
All your decisions carefully contemplated.
Oh where has the joy of impulse gone
The freedom of freeing your own mind from prison
Which is why I live with my heart in my head and my grey matter right next to me.
Dont get me wrong. I dont beg to differ.
I am different.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A sickness of conformity by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Men, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- There Are So Many Things I Can Still Do, Shalom Freedman
- Heedless, Jubril Balogun
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson
- Beautiful Madness, Steven Rhoads
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist