A sickness of conformity
Ndinesigulo. Hayi ayisose ngqondo
Kodwa into nantsi ihlaba entliziyweni.
Ithi mandiye kwantliziyo ndise, nyawo ndikhaphe.
A sickness that is a mystery to doctors
My own sickness that distinguishes me from the rest
A heart that seeks more that the eye sees
A sting in the heart that seeks adventure in a world of suits
Call me crazy. I understand, its the only label give to diamonds.
Andikho seBhofolo kodwa intliziyo yam ayiphilanga.
Everything in this life is done by mind.
All your decisions carefully contemplated.
Oh where has the joy of impulse gone
The freedom of freeing your own mind from prison
Which is why I live with my heart in my head and my grey matter right next to me.
Dont get me wrong. I dont beg to differ.
I am different.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A sickness of conformity by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
- Truth is in south, gajanan mishra
- Student, Paul Sebastian
- "While drifting away..." / Bla.., Jeff Gangwer
- Teacher, Paul Sebastian
- A Wrenched Knee, Jeff Gangwer
- Leader, Paul Sebastian
- Gin Again, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Teardrops for flowers flow, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The witches teaparty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The walking moon, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)