A Silver Cloud
Orbited the earth
Just before our birth.
As our souls
Held hands to jump
Into the ether.
Or beneath a
Laughing so loud
Sounded like a storm.
Two hearts pounded
In the warm
Of an infant sun.
Before they broke away
Lost in the milky way.
Yet, to meet again one day.
A million years later
God's astral waiter
Served us a sunset sublime.
Bells rang in cathedrals of rhyme.
Our hands touching
Across distance and time.
We both left our scars
On venus or mars
Or in books in love's library of pain.
We'd take them out again.
To read of lost promises
Left in the rain.
But now we will chase
A feeling so strong.
To a wild summer place
Where bluebirds sing our song.
To meet forever
In a kiss.
We have never felt like this,
Since time began.
A woman and a man,
Who waited for eternal embrace.
Once wrapped in emotional shroud
A silver cloud.
Kevin East's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Silver Cloud by Kevin East )
- Praising a Poet, 'me' by a Co-Poet!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- My Dog Lays at My Feet, David McLansky
- The two I trust (sonnet), Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
- पयादे से मात, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song 2, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)