Beauty In Summer
What beauty is reborn
On such a summer's morning.
As broken hearts still torn
Take hope within the dawning.
That healing song
My soul does kiss
From Blackbird's serenade of bliss.
Hung in the gallery
- This art.
Daubed with colours
The sky set free.
A raindance of serenity.
With scent of bloom
Such summer beauty.
From winter's gloom.
That tinkling piano of silver stream,
I lie with you
To quaff that fruit of summer wine,
And share your lips
Two twins so fine!
- And sweet.
Then sunset bleeds.
We walk through
Surf caressing beach
Where gold has shone
And pleasure leads.
As stars now reach
To touch your eyes,
I just dissolve
At beauty's prize.
We are so blessed
Even before the day has dressed.
And the moon
Lays all below to rest.
Such beauty beats in the wings
Of the butterfly
Summer beauty brings.
Kevin East's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty In Summer by Kevin East )
- After Reading the Song of Hiawatha, Effie Waller Smith
- Two Things, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- I listened, I listened, I listened, arshad arshad
- Preparation, Effie Waller Smith
- News York City, Ima Ryma
- Always Money, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Marbles and Stones, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Will Not Say 'Ave', Trong Phan
- Magical Love, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Postcard, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- You Will Forever Be In My Heart, Crystal Piatt
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)