cheryl davis miller
A Simple Thanks
Lord thank You, for the sunshine
that's dancing on my skin.
Thank You, for Your gentle touch
that's carried on the wind.
Thanks, for the smell of flowers
and freshly sweet mowed hay.
Thank You Lord, is what today
I feel the need to say.
All to often I forget
or think You have been told,
how grateful that my heart is
that I'm kept in Your fold.
Don’t want to take for granted
blessings that You shower.
How You hold me in Your hands;
keep me by Your power.
Seems so small an offering
that I could give to You.
You ask so little Lord when,
a simple thanks will do.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Simple Thanks by cheryl davis miller )
- Scavenging the Wall, R. T. Smith
- Towards earth, hasmukh amathalal
- Rogue Russets, R. T. Smith
- Oxford Stroud Recollects Fishing with El.., R. T. Smith
- mounement, Rathna nagaraja
- Messenger, R. T. Smith
- MORNINGS GARMENT, Shannon Strauss
- Cowgirl, R. T. Smith
- Confession in a Booth at the Hollow Log .., R. T. Smith
- A Local Doc, over Rocky Lunchtime Bourbo.., R. T. Smith
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)