cheryl davis miller
A Simple Thanks
Lord thank You, for the sunshine
that's dancing on my skin.
Thank You, for Your gentle touch
that's carried on the wind.
Thanks, for the smell of flowers
and freshly sweet mowed hay.
Thank You Lord, is what today
I feel the need to say.
All to often I forget
or think You have been told,
how grateful that my heart is
that I'm kept in Your fold.
Don’t want to take for granted
blessings that You shower.
How You hold me in Your hands;
keep me by Your power.
Seems so small an offering
that I could give to You.
You ask so little Lord when,
a simple thanks will do.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Simple Thanks by cheryl davis miller )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Down and Dirty, Buddy Bee Anthony
- I Never, Sergi Dutronc
- Love for everyone, Andy Sayasone
- Storage Unit Auction, Saiom Shriver
- Space Framed Beauty, Saiom Shriver
- Unhealthy Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Miracle Making, Saiom Shriver
- Purpose, Passion, Faith & Love, Tom Zart
- Death Or Life, Saiom Shriver
- Discovery, Phil Soar