cheryl davis miller
A Simple Thanks
Lord thank You, for the sunshine
that's dancing on my skin.
Thank You, for Your gentle touch
that's carried on the wind.
Thanks, for the smell of flowers
and freshly sweet mowed hay.
Thank You Lord, is what today
I feel the need to say.
All to often I forget
or think You have been told,
how grateful that my heart is
that I'm kept in Your fold.
Don’t want to take for granted
blessings that You shower.
How You hold me in Your hands;
keep me by Your power.
Seems so small an offering
that I could give to You.
You ask so little Lord when,
a simple thanks will do.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Simple Thanks by cheryl davis miller )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What Saves Us, Bruce Weigl
- My Love For You, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dream (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Don't Be Afraid, Ronald Chapman
- My Ode to Oluebube, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dogs, Ronald Chapman
- Dog / Cat, Ronald Chapman
- Beautiful World, John Schwartz
- Mera Man......................, sonali kumari
- Another Sound, Neelam Dadhwal