cheryl davis miller
A Simple Thanks
Lord thank You, for the sunshine
that's dancing on my skin.
Thank You, for Your gentle touch
that's carried on the wind.
Thanks, for the smell of flowers
and freshly sweet mowed hay.
Thank You Lord, is what today
I feel the need to say.
All to often I forget
or think You have been told,
how grateful that my heart is
that I'm kept in Your fold.
Don’t want to take for granted
blessings that You shower.
How You hold me in Your hands;
keep me by Your power.
Seems so small an offering
that I could give to You.
You ask so little Lord when,
a simple thanks will do.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Simple Thanks by cheryl davis miller )
- Invisibility, Naveed Khalid
- Genie, Naveed Khalid
- Witchcraft, Naveed Khalid
- Circle, Yohan Confectioner
- Treblinka 1945, Michael O'Sullivan
- 'My Poems Conclusion With All My Sadness.., Ali Sabry
- 'My Dear, ', Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess3-, Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess2-, Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess1-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)