A sister is.....
A sister is your guardian angel if she's older,
and your constant shadow if she's younger.
She's your best friend in all your endevours.
Your confidant, protector of your heart,
and secret keeper. A sister can also be
your enemy; your best adversary at times
She keeps all of your secrets, even the tough
ones. She's the one to tell you constantly
how pretty you are, partly because you look
similar in some ways. Your sister is the one
to call when that one boy talks to you; especially
when he decides to break your heart.
Also she's the first one vowing to beat him up
if he breaks your heart.
Your sister is your mother at a younger age
and you are hers. Not only is she your savior
shall anything happen to you, she also knows
what to do to make you feel better and wipe
away the tears. A sister is your only friend
when all others have walked out, especially
when you need a friend the most. This is
the person you shared your bedroom, and
at any time when your body changes, the one
whom you share clothes with.
She knows what makes you laugh, cry, and
most times is the one to make you laugh
and cry. She gives you a firm grasp of life
and tells you how hard love is so you don't go
in blind. She has the qualities of an angel and
will never leave your side. She's the one who
understands every personal event life throws
at you, for she lost the same loved one you did.
To me a sister is all of these qualities rolled into
two. For I am the lucky one to have two big
sisters like you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A sister is..... by Tessa Eichhorst )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Real hell, Amitie Abedi
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael P. McParland
- NeverEnding Story Tanka, Chenou Liu
- A stranger, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I'll Never, Michael P. McParland
- I'll Always Work Hard, Michael P. McParland
- To Mr. Blanchard, the Celebrated Aeronau.., Philip Freneau
- Sherman, Kim Barney
- If I Could, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Carol,, Luo Zhihai