A sister is.....
A sister is your guardian angel if she's older,
and your constant shadow if she's younger.
She's your best friend in all your endevours.
Your confidant, protector of your heart,
and secret keeper. A sister can also be
your enemy; your best adversary at times
She keeps all of your secrets, even the tough
ones. She's the one to tell you constantly
how pretty you are, partly because you look
similar in some ways. Your sister is the one
to call when that one boy talks to you; especially
when he decides to break your heart.
Also she's the first one vowing to beat him up
if he breaks your heart.
Your sister is your mother at a younger age
and you are hers. Not only is she your savior
shall anything happen to you, she also knows
what to do to make you feel better and wipe
away the tears. A sister is your only friend
when all others have walked out, especially
when you need a friend the most. This is
the person you shared your bedroom, and
at any time when your body changes, the one
whom you share clothes with.
She knows what makes you laugh, cry, and
most times is the one to make you laugh
and cry. She gives you a firm grasp of life
and tells you how hard love is so you don't go
in blind. She has the qualities of an angel and
will never leave your side. She's the one who
understands every personal event life throws
at you, for she lost the same loved one you did.
To me a sister is all of these qualities rolled into
two. For I am the lucky one to have two big
sisters like you.
Tessa Eichhorst's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A sister is..... by Tessa Eichhorst )
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
- Thread of thought, Roann Mendriq
- Baking Bread, Roann Mendriq
- Completion, White Lily
- Tears, Michael McParland
- Spin of a coin, Tribhawan Kaul
- Knowing Fragments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Woman in the Rains, Akhtar Jawad
- In the depths of a grim winter (cavatina), Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)