A Small Prayer
Dear Lord I have a small prayer,
I would like you to hear today,
and I hope that within your wisdom
that you will grant for us one day.
Dear Lord the prayer I pray
is just not for me, but for everyone.
Could for just one day
there be no conflict or strife,
nor anger within anyone’s heart.
Could there be love throughout every land
where enemies would take and shake one another’s hands
and the weapons of destruction
would be thrown upon the ground.
That there would be no more killings,
no more grieving fathers, mothers,
brothers, sisters, wives, daughters and sons.
Dear Lord in your wisdom
would you grant this prayer for me,
make peace in this world reality,
then we might be able to
stamp out hunger and poverty.
Dear Lord when you hear this prayer,
will you grant this all for me?
Not just only for me, for everyone.
Help us all realise there is no need
for conflict and strife,
just a little peace
to live a normal life.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Small Prayer by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Beginning The Day, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Split Second, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is no surprise, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Spiritual Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Saw Planets, Naveed Akram
- Saviour By The Road Side, Juwon Daniel
- went a walk, lee fones
- The Moon's Present Woe, cheryl davis miller
- Funeral, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mount Patsy Land, Richard Thripp