Is It Poetry
......................A Soldier's Prayer
Stay with me near, O God.
This night is dark,
yours, my day grows colder, still.
O' god the little spark you lent to me, my courage
by your grace it ebbs from me'.
Today this day is long, my soul belongs to thee.
Red, to no one else, stay with me God.
Here when I am naught but weak.
You made me stronger still.
Stilled when I, again until it dies.
He answered heard
Patience, I am coming near.
Do you hear the marching of their feet?
So many trapped in thought, will you grow meek?
Inside out the great divide none but I, may hide.
The many secrets of thine brilliant eyes.
Bright light the stars you feel my warmth upon your face,
as I come near you stilled, don't cry.
Don't fear the face of whom he is, then said, I am.
Your Whisper Still
This little spark I am your gem by grace was lent to me.
Freely given back by me, to you.
You give again to some one else in need,
'perhaps to they, some other child.
I can hear the great black horse it's hooves sound near'!
yours is the face, I lived to fear to be, I see, the coming of the lord.
A world in need and now again I sleep once more until.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (......................A Soldier's Prayer by Is It Poetry )
Did you read them?
- Jadavpur University Campus A Heaven For .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friends and foes, gajanan mishra
- Out There, Fatima Nusairat
- Immortal world, gajanan mishra
- Soulful smile, ramesh rai
- Perfection, Donnie Wolff
- Defiled, gajanan mishra
- Be It Trivial And Mundane, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Every creature, gajanan mishra
- How Juice From Fruit Is Produced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)