My colleagues, let me sing
Sing a song of, love and grace.
Once Yusuf, by his brothers
was hurled in, a well wildly.
To their father told a lie that
Herd of wolves ate son Yusuf.
Stained dress was not a proof
For the beloved father Yakub
Weary travelers searching water
Looked in well for some in well
But seeing Yusuf took him up and
Went to Egypt and sold for sum.
Lucky Yusuf King’s favourite
Later became minister there,
Once brothers came in Egypt
Seeking help in, starvation.
Gracefully Yusuf helped brothers
Gave his dress to present father
Realizing odour of Yusuf, Yakub
Smiled and thanked Almighty.
By the Grace of Almighty they
Rejoined in reward of goodness.
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Song by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Drop In The Bucket, Michael McParland
- Drifting Hell, Michael McParland
- Dreams, Michael McParland
- Doubting, Michael McParland
- Don't Tell Me, Michael McParland
- In Memoriam, Sandra Feldman
- Don't Say, I Said, Michael McParland
- Don't Say Goodbye, Michael McParland
- To you My Friend!, Shaila Touchton
- Domestic Dreams, Michael McParland