A SONG OF THE AGES
A SONG OF THE AGES
There is a popular mind set,
That on some level might be true,
That when a woman gets older
Her mate will bid her adieu.
There are no doubt many reasons
For this possible lack of satisfaction,
Maybe one could be her preoccupation
With, 'The Power of Attraction'.
Maybe she could consider this
Before she starts meditating,
That her mate would be receptive
To some real communicating.
Yes, there can be many reasons why
Younger women may have appeal.
It is not just the physical thing
That initiates the male zeal.
The idea of a younger woman
Has an up side just because all
Of the peace and possibilities of a gal
That's further away from menopausal.
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A SONG OF THE AGES by Edward Iacona )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1618 – 28 July 1667)
- leticia s david
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(November 9 - 1937)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis