Dr John Celes
A Special Poem to My Dear Wife (on Valentine’s Day,2010)
For twenty years, you’ve been my wife;
By now, you are almost my life!
You seem more precious than my wealth;
You are my mind’s and body’s health!
Life’s road, we’d traveled was quite rough;
Denied, we’ve been, a heart laugh;
Nevertheless, it was quite good;
The test of time, our marriage stood!
Our dreams are coming true, my dear;
With God, our side, we need not fear;
With ensuing, quite good, a clime,
We surely can make up lost time!
The future looks so rosy, sure;
Life’s travail will receive a cure;
Let worry not disturb our cheer;
Let confidence work out like beer.
Our ‘success days’ are very nigh;
To ‘failure years’, let’s say, ‘Good-bye! ’
Let’s cheer up, baby, dance and wine;
I am your one true valentine!
Let’s leave our world of woes behind;
By bonds of love in life, we bind;
The future looks indeed so bright;
Let us renew our love tonight.
Today is also, my birthday;
World’s people make merry, this day;
This is the day for all to say,
With kisses, hugs, ‘I love you! ’ Aye.
Fondly dedicated to my beloved wife, Mercy,
On Valentine’s Day, my birthday.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 12-02-2010
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Special Poem to My Dear Wife (on Valentine’s Day,2010) by Dr John Celes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Abhangs (A Short Collection), Sant Tukaram
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...