A Spiritual Encounter
He became acquainted
with the spirit
at an after-party;
the disc jockey changed
the pace from hardcore
reggae to ballads.
He strolled to the bar,
not for a drink, but to sit
and rest his feet.
He was dancing all night,
pretty much, and the platform
shoes were tight at the heels.
Not wanting to seem
out of place, he ordered
he never even knew what it was.
A connoisseur made a request;
and he said 'I will have the same'.
Dangling his feet,
to the beat,
he began to sip.
he asked the damsel,
in black/white spike heels
and tight sequin skirt,
for a dance.
he placed the glass
on the counter
and headed for
the dance floor.
The day after,
the taste was still
in his mouth;
and he liked it.
Buxton Shippy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Spiritual Encounter by Buxton Shippy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death, Rainer Maria Rilke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
Poem of the Day
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Nine Views of the Huang Shang, Paul Hartal
- Died Eagle, Nassy Fesharaki