'A Strange Thanksgiving Dinner'
I guess we'll be having a strange Thanksgiving dinner
my kids lives are too busy to come and eat.
My sisters' in Florida visiting our elderly parents
and my niece doesn't email me or speak.
My Step Son and his wife are on call
at the hospital where they work.
I have invited some friends from church to come
now hope that they don't Thanksgiving dinner shirk!
I remember when I ran out in blizzards storm
to provide my son and his new wife.
Their Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings
that they could feast on Thanksgiving night.
Our family has now seem pulled apart
because of things that have been done or said?
But this all seems so confussing to me
can't seem to get it out of my hurt heart or head.
I know I should just let it all go
and get on with my new married life
And have the best Thanksgiving
with my husband and friends
This Thanksgiving stranger filled night.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('A Strange Thanksgiving Dinner' by Linda Winchell )
- Holloween Party, Narayana Raghavan
- The Vulture, Curtlan Popo
- Plenty Thirst Century, Curtlan Popo
- A Damp Bathroom Wall Speaks To You, Narayana Raghavan
- Why I'm You, Curtlan Popo
- Your Eyes, C J Browning
- Glamour Bloggers, Salmon Gobblers and Ca.., Curtlan Popo
- It's Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- Threads Of The Matrix, Curtlan Popo
- A crab is a crab, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)