'A Strange Thanksgiving Dinner'
I guess we'll be having a strange Thanksgiving dinner
my kids lives are too busy to come and eat.
My sisters' in Florida visiting our elderly parents
and my niece doesn't email me or speak.
My Step Son and his wife are on call
at the hospital where they work.
I have invited some friends from church to come
now hope that they don't Thanksgiving dinner shirk!
I remember when I ran out in blizzards storm
to provide my son and his new wife.
Their Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings
that they could feast on Thanksgiving night.
Our family has now seem pulled apart
because of things that have been done or said?
But this all seems so confussing to me
can't seem to get it out of my hurt heart or head.
I know I should just let it all go
and get on with my new married life
And have the best Thanksgiving
with my husband and friends
This Thanksgiving stranger filled night.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('A Strange Thanksgiving Dinner' by Linda Winchell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- When your Birthday Falls on Christmas..., Dr John Celes
- Me, Myself, Tex T Sarnie
- For to Be A Poetess, I Left My Husband, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma
- Chassis, Alice Cordy
- My Time On The Mountain, Orlando Belo
- A Degree of Intensity, Daniel Brick
- Oh, This Age of Self-propaganda And Publ.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- हारिनि इयुना जोँनि आखायावनो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Honey Bee, Paul Sebastian