Linda Winchell Poems
- ' A Smokers Pledge' I promise to quit smoking soon I'm down ...
- ' If Seeing Is Believing' If seeing is believing, then I'm ...
- ' Daddy's Wooden Chair' There's an old wooden chair by the ...
- ' A Cardboard Box' Crawled under the house to ...
- ' A Love To Die For' I have a love I would die for and they ...
- A Pearl Of Irritation An oyster first forms a pearl from ...
- ' A Poet's Outlet' We poet's need, his or her outlet! Where...
I was born on the South side of Chicago in the forties.
I am now married and living on a farm in a small town in Concord Michigan. Was many things growing up, but have always been passionate about writing poetry and childrens' books and the love of God.
I love animals and nature and as you can see in my Poetry, they are some of my inspiration. No spell check on this site, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
' A Smokers Pledge'
I promise to quit smoking soon
I'm down to a pack and a half.
And when I do, I pledge to me and you
I will never, I'm never ever going back!
I know that it is an addiction
and very expensive
and it really stinks!
But the feel I get
from each smoke with coffee
Is all I sometimes can feel or think.
I want to be healthy one day
not be out of breath while walking up a flight of stairs.
And not always hear you complain to me
but I know it's because you really care.
This is my smokers pledge to you
And I'm going to sign it when I'm ...