Linda Winchell Poems
- A Pearl Of Irritation An oyster first forms a pearl from ...
- ' If Seeing Is Believing' If seeing is believing, then I'm ...
- ' A Smokers Pledge' I promise to quit smoking soon I'm down ...
- ' Daddy's Wooden Chair' There's an old wooden chair by the ...
- ' A Cardboard Box' Crawled under the house to ...
- ' A Love To Die For' I have a love I would die for and they ...
- ' A Poet's Outlet' We poet's need, his or her outlet! Where...
I was born on the South side of Chicago in the forties.
I am now married and living on a farm in a small town in Concord Michigan. Was many things growing up, but have always been passionate about writing poetry and childrens' books and the love of God.
I love animals and nature and as you can see in my Poetry, they are some of my inspiration. No spell check on this site, maybe they need to put one on it?
I love to bake and cook and clean. And power walking and walks in the woods keep me healthy. I do not smoke or drink, but love to dance! I love to joke around and sing too. I pray for all the world. And if this includes you, GREAT! 'Thank you God! ' May God bless... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Pearl Of Irritation
An oyster first forms a pearl
from the irritation of a single grain of sand.
It's never placed by mistake inside you see
it was placed by God's gentle Loving hand.
Like so many things in man's own life
those irritants that we sometimes feel.
No different than the oysters grain of sand
but to us, much more irritating to deal.
God places these grains of sand in our lives
in-order that we all might learn.
To form the pearls we need to form
to place in the crowns, of which we've earned.