A Sweet Spring Song
The wintry season is quasi-over,
And sweet spring is around the corner.
Already, the chicks are moving and chirping,
And the bigger birds are flying and singing.
Spring is near; the summer season is coming.
The school children are not wearing their heavy jackets;
Yet, we can hear the sound of thunders, and the passing of the jets.
That's how Mother Nature announces the coming of the spring showers,
Which are necessary for the growth of the trees, plants, and healthy flowers.
The spring season is here; summer is coming.
The joggers, who are addicted to the outdoors, are running,
Jumping, sweating, and fighting to shed off the excess pounds.
In the park, the lovers and the elders are walking and strolling,
And the toddlers are playing and making loud happy sounds.
Spring is wonderful, and winter is gone.
The ever -vigilant Canada geese are gleefully returning home.
In Florida, the snowbirds are heading in the same direction.
Winter has truly a nasty and a non-flattering reputation;
Howbeit, countless species of birds hang out on the dome.
Spring is beautiful, and summer means a lot of fun.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sweet Spring Song by Hebert Logerie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Things are where they should be, Robert Steven Martin
- Preference her own, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Strictly Cosmic, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- children, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- White ant, gajanan mishra
- Time Not Wasted, Hasan Haskovic
- The 'C' Word, Eliza Booth
- Poem: Love, Stability and Peace, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Leaves Of Season, Richard Provencher
- Body of Dreams, Peter Streckfus