A Sweet Spring Song
The wintry season is quasi-over,
And sweet spring is around the corner.
Already, the chicks are moving and chirping,
And the bigger birds are flying and singing.
Spring is near; the summer season is coming.
The school children are not wearing their heavy jackets;
Yet, we can hear the sound of thunders, and the passing of the jets.
That's how Mother Nature announces the coming of the spring showers,
Which are necessary for the growth of the trees, plants, and healthy flowers.
The spring season is here; summer is coming.
The joggers, who are addicted to the outdoors, are running,
Jumping, sweating, and fighting to shed off the excess pounds.
In the park, the lovers and the elders are walking and strolling,
And the toddlers are playing and making loud happy sounds.
Spring is wonderful, and winter is gone.
The ever -vigilant Canada geese are gleefully returning home.
In Florida, the snowbirds are heading in the same direction.
Winter has truly a nasty and a non-flattering reputation;
Howbeit, countless species of birds hang out on the dome.
Spring is beautiful, and summer means a lot of fun.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sweet Spring Song by Hebert Logerie )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Louisa May Alcott
(29 November 1832 – 6 March 1888)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 March 1892 – 15 April 1938)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Los heraldos negros, Cesar Vallejo
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Another Reason Why I Don't Keep A Gun In.., Billy Collins
- Forgetfulness, Billy Collins
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
Poem of the Day
- My life, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Don't leave me cozied-up homely, Mark Heathcote
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- Uncle Trevor's Solution, rohan bendre
- Trapped Inside, Pamela Carroll
- Two Green Points: Art Print by Wassily K.., Frank Avon
- Winter Twilight Haiku, Chenou Liu
- The Season of His Birth, Frank Avon
- The Man Who Cut His Left Leg, Sergi Dutronc
- Back agin, Rodney R. Cooper