A Swiss Constitution
We are all going to die whether we like it or not,
It will happen sooner or later even if you think you're a big shot,
It can't be organized or scheduled for this or that reason,
It's against the law and considered to be next to treason.
The Swiss and Dutch have it figured out and have death with dignity,
But it's not allowed in Canada - High Court activity.
Sue Rodriguez was refused though she had Lou Gehrig's disease,
Canadian Supreme Court dressed in red, refused her please.
So we should amend our constitution like the Swiss and the Dutch,
Because under the present system our Supreme Court has too much,
If we had binding referendums we could get back in control,
Instead, nowadays many murderers seem to get parole.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Swiss Constitution by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Daddy, Rimni chakravarty
- Colourless light contains all the colour.., Mohammad Siddiqui
- come on, laxami Cards
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Beloved, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Life is beautiful, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Love keeps flowering and sometimes, Gert Strydom