A tale of death
i am alone in a prision cell i spend each nite crying like a little girl awaiting my departure to the gates of hell i have commited a crime now all i can do to kill time is rhyme.
I have watched as my heart has faded to black its like it has started to crack split in two becuase of what i have done to you...my heart aches every time that i see your face but i look away to avoid disgrace.
Why did things have to end this way we could have stayed together and been happy and got married one day and had a kid on the way but no you had to run of with another guy and watch as i started to cry iam not gonna lie its like you took a knife to my heart and tore it apart.
Now iam paying for my mistake and sitting here waiting my fate iam on death row now only 20 minutes until i die but still i try to be a tough guy as the tears trickle down my face i say my last good bye to the human race....my head shaved...i begin to wave at every one who came to see me die today.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A tale of death by William Montgomery )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- lux et umbra, Ann Dow
- S.O.S., Sandra Feldman
- Something is in the House, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Tragedy and Comedy, Eugene Levich
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A taste of love, JJ Evendon
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder
- The Lorry From The North, Tony Adah
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah