A Tanka about Two Solitudes
'in Search of Lost Time'
'a la recherche du temps perdu'
old Quebecer... two solitudes
in the Toronto sunlight
Chenou Liu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Note: Based on the principles of progression and association employed in Japanese court poetry (for more information, see 'To the Lighthouse: Principles of Progression and Association in Tanka Sequences, ' http: //goo.gl/4a1nb) , Politics/Poetics of Re-Homing is first English language tanka sequence about diasporic experiences. In the sequence, I adopt an intersectional approach to exploring a wide range of issues related to immigration, English learning, racialized identity, racism, job seeking, colonization, acculturation, ...etc. You can read the whole sequence, http: //goo.gl/m9R9V
Comments about this poem (A Tanka about Two Solitudes by Chenou Liu )
- Dare to speak out loud, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- All Were You, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #06, Ronjoy Brahma
- Yadwigha, On A Red Couch, Among Lillies, Sylvia Plath
- Verbal Calisthenics, Sylvia Plath
- RESPECT ISN'T FOR BODY SIZE., Changez Ndzai
- The Goring, Sylvia Plath
- Words Heard, By Accident, Over The Phone, Sylvia Plath
- To A Jilted Lover, Sylvia Plath