A Tortured Soul
Do you even know what's happening with my soul?
It's been twisting, it's been shouting -
I've got the poison in my roots, and in my
Being; it's spreading to every inch, ever quartered section.
When they look at my skin, they say
'She's got the devil in her, leave him alone'.
But I need rest too, where's my reprieve?
The angels are nearer to me than most would believe.
Every crack and dent of mine fills deeper with sand,
And I can barely breathe. I don't know how I still stand.
Bianca Free's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tortured Soul by Bianca Free )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Heedless, Jubril Balogun
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson
- Beautiful Madness, Steven Rhoads
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH