A Tortured Soul
Do you even know what's happening with my soul?
It's been twisting, it's been shouting -
I've got the poison in my roots, and in my
Being; it's spreading to every inch, ever quartered section.
When they look at my skin, they say
'She's got the devil in her, leave him alone'.
But I need rest too, where's my reprieve?
The angels are nearer to me than most would believe.
Every crack and dent of mine fills deeper with sand,
And I can barely breathe. I don't know how I still stand.
Bianca Free's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tortured Soul by Bianca Free )
- Hamstead, Naveed Khalid
- The Little Prince, Naveed Khalid
- The Scribe, Suzy Kassem
- I Too, Sing Poetry., Abekah Emmanuel
- Guide, Don't Misguide Me, Aftab Alam
- The Three Laws of All, Suzy Kassem
- The Elephant, Somanathan Iyer
- Sea of Life, Suzy Kassem
- A TEACHER-A STUDENT RELATIONSHIP ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Part Sun and Moon, Suzy Kassem