A Tortured Soul
Do you even know what's happening with my soul?
It's been twisting, it's been shouting -
I've got the poison in my roots, and in my
Being; it's spreading to every inch, ever quartered section.
When they look at my skin, they say
'She's got the devil in her, leave him alone'.
But I need rest too, where's my reprieve?
The angels are nearer to me than most would believe.
Every crack and dent of mine fills deeper with sand,
And I can barely breathe. I don't know how I still stand.
Bianca Free's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tortured Soul by Bianca Free )
- Beauty of the world is ruined, Jerusha Melanie
- Clean and cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Holding You Tight, Michael McParland
- I'm bored with it all., gulsher JOHN
- A Rich Man, S.R. Riang
- the natural disaster.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Desert Country Ways, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Way To Balance In Life, Margaret Moran
- Choosing Directions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mind's Highway, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)