A Tribute to Our Friend, Our Sister Germaine Aldajuste
We lost our friend, our sister, our nightingale,
Our diva, who sang 'Ave Maria, Gratia Plena' so well.
Our sister took flight, our angel is gone
To the celestial horizon; listen to the shadow of her footsteps.
Our angel had a contagiously pleasant smile on her lips.
Our sister was friendly, helpful, dedicated and cheerful.
She was very religious and kinder than the roses of the season.
Our friend is gone, where the sun shines plentifully,
Where the moon brightens the meadows and pastures brilliantly,
And the starry skies twinkle majestically.
Thousands of angels accompany her to a velvety soil,
Thousands of rainbows await her. What a phenomenon!
Ave Maria! May God bless her! We all feel the pain
Of losing a sister, who has endured patiently and courageously.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tribute to Our Friend, Our Sister Germaine Aldajuste by Hebert Logerie )
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns