A Twilight Night
Today, the leaves are singing in a unlyrical tone,
And the nature is playing a dance with me...
The road is desolate and alone..
Horror enough to scare thee.
Today the flowers are giving a dreary smell,
Trying to make me unwell,
The clouds are growing dark,
The dogs in the street are giving me a bark,
Today i am remembering my mother's lap,
Where i, for a moments indulgence, used to take a nap..
But today this pretty nature giving me slap..
Why? I don't know.
But still i find comeliness in the darkness..
And happiness in this lonely world of beautiful things.
This mysterious nature is trying to explain me some secret,
And i adore that..
Piyush Dey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Twilight Night by Piyush Dey )
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
- For To Be An Indian English Poet, An Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Thoughtful Succour, michael walkerjohn
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)