Charlie F. Kane
A View From The Park Bench
From this seat,
I see love in so many different ways,
There is a couple on a bench,
Silently enjoying each other’s company.
I see the carer pushing his friend in the wheelchair,
I wonder, ‘Who brought the ice cream? ’
The family holding hands,
The unconditional love of a child for the parent.
The friends in packs,
The old and young,
Will the young still be friends when they’re old?
The grandmother encouraging the grandson
To kick the bright blue football in front of him.
It surprises me how much you see
When you just open your eyes.
© Charlie F. Kane
Charlie F. Kane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A View From The Park Bench by Charlie F. Kane )
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi