A Walmart Parking Lot
To laugh at life
You have to have,
A perpetual sense of humor.
If you laugh,
The life you live,
Last much longer.
I am sitting in the dark,
In a Walmart parking lot,
And finding it,
Hard to laugh.
I cannot see the humor in,
My current situation.
I am desperately in need,
Of some comic revelation.
It dawns on me.
And I can see,
Is witty confirmation.
With words and rhyme,
I laugh at me,
And thus embrace,
connie crane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Walmart Parking Lot by connie crane )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1679 - 1718)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)