A YEARLY PRIME MINISTER... APRIL 20TH,2013
A different prime minister should be appointed each year,
He/she should be an already elected provincial premier,
This could avoid party politicians selecting their own,
Even now, we can’t vote for them by name because it’s not shown.
Senators and Supreme Court judges should also be elected,
In order to establish that Canadians are protected,
From biased weird decisions made by questionable appointees,
Whose words are law and they don’t ever have to appease.
Mandatory set-date elections and compulsory voting too,
Could sidetrack a lot of expensive Ottawa hullabaloo,
A simple system of binding referendums should be formed,
So that all the people and politicians could stay reformed.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A YEARLY PRIME MINISTER... APRIL 20TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- A Pirate's Tale, Phil Soar
- Why does it rain?, Hardik Vaidya
- The Hair(Haiku), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Compensation, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- love has a look and it looks a lot like us, Mandolyn ...
- The Cock(Haiku), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Finishing Line, Naveed Akram
- Alankar(Decor) -197, Indira Renganathan
- The bathtub(Haiku), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Distinguished!, Denis Martindale