ABOLISH APPOINTED CANADIAN SENATE MAR 6TH,2011
Politicians want to abolish our appointed Senate now,
An appointed aristocracy that’s too much to allow,
An expensive establishment that we could do without,
But this could or might cause large-scale bureaucratic freak out.
Some say the Senate is a sacred place of sober second thought,
While others, when they hear this, they become very distraught,
An appointed Senate they say is a sign of no democracy,
They are not elected while we are forced to accept aristocracy.
Senators should be elected they say - they are not sacred cows,
There is no leadership there and none has ever been allowed,
Are we bogged down in an ancient system that can’t be changed?
No referendums or proportional representation – strange.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ABOLISH APPOINTED CANADIAN SENATE MAR 6TH,2011 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Am A Robot, You Are A Robot And We Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Martin Luther King Jr., Angela Khristin Brown