ABOLISH APPOINTED CANADIAN SENATE MAR 8TH 2011
Politicians want to abolish our appointed Senate now,
An appointed aristocracy that’s too much to allow,
An expensive establishment that we could do without,
But this could or might cause large-scale bureaucratic freak out.
Some say the Senate is a sacred place of sober second thought,
While others, when they hear this, they become very distraught,
An appointed Senate they say is a sign of no democracy,
They are not elected while we are forced to accept aristocracy.
Senators should be elected they say - they are not sacred cows,
There is no leadership there and none has ever been allowed,
Are we bogged down in an ancient system that can’t be changed?
No referendums or proportional representation – strange.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ABOLISH APPOINTED CANADIAN SENATE MAR 8TH 2011 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- One Day, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- A Girl With No Gold, with No thing to hold, Monk E. Biz
- Beasts Of Burden, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Old Horse In Autumn, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- To A Child, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Jekyll and Mr Hyde, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.38, Robert Graber
- Fire Tempest, Buxton Shippy
- Call On The Holy One, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- I Am Sorry, Yogiraj Biplab