ABOLISH APPOINTED CANADIAN SENATE MAR 8TH 2011
Politicians want to abolish our appointed Senate now,
An appointed aristocracy that’s too much to allow,
An expensive establishment that we could do without,
But this could or might cause large-scale bureaucratic freak out.
Some say the Senate is a sacred place of sober second thought,
While others, when they hear this, they become very distraught,
An appointed Senate they say is a sign of no democracy,
They are not elected while we are forced to accept aristocracy.
Senators should be elected they say - they are not sacred cows,
There is no leadership there and none has ever been allowed,
Are we bogged down in an ancient system that can’t be changed?
No referendums or proportional representation – strange.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ABOLISH APPOINTED CANADIAN SENATE MAR 8TH 2011 by James Bredin )
- I Don't Care If You Don't Like It, Michael McParland
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)