James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
ABOLISH APPOINTED CANADIAN SENATE MAR 8TH 2011
Politicians want to abolish our appointed Senate now,
An appointed aristocracy that’s too much to allow,
An expensive establishment that we could do without,
But this could or might cause large-scale bureaucratic freak out.
Some say the Senate is a sacred place of sober second thought,
While others, when they hear this, they become very distraught,
An appointed Senate they say is a sign of no democracy,
They are not elected while we are forced to accept aristocracy.
Senators should be elected they say - they are not sacred cows,
There is no leadership there and none has ever been allowed,
Are we bogged down in an ancient system that can’t be changed?
No referendums or proportional representation – strange.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.