… about Love
>>Everything about Love is fascinating;
Love at first sight; love that lasts forever;
Love that kills: winter, fall, summer and spring.
Everything about Love has an element of fever
In it: the anger, the rage, the jealousy,
The scorn, the disgust, the dishonesty,
The deception … etcetera, etcetera.
It is a timing bomb that can explode at the blink
An eye, or implode momentarily at the crank
Of a gun. Love can be unexpectedly deadly,
Beautiful, joyful, sweet … etcetera, etcetera.
Everything about Love is controversial:
The lazy days of summer on the boardwalk,
And the romantic promenade in the park.
Everything about Love is exceptional:
The beauty of the kissing and hugging swans,
And the tenderness of caressing hands.
Everything about Love is beyond words:
The lilies at springtime, the singing birds
During the summer, the ice-skating children
During the wintry season, and in autumn,
The dead leaves in the Garden of Eden.
Everything about Love is beyond words.
Everything about Love can be either sane
Or insane. Love can be fascinating,
Controversial, exceptional, and disgusting.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (… about Love by Hebert Logerie )
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)