About My Poetry
I have no silver-saddled horse to ride,
no inheritance to live on,
neither riches no real-estate --
a pot of honey is all I own.
A pot of honey
red as fire!
My honey is my everything.
my riches and my real-estate
-- my honey pot, I mean --
from pests of every species,
Brother, just wait...
As long as I've got
honey in my pot,
bees will come to it
Trans. by Mutlu Konuk and Randy Blasing (1993)
Nazim Hikmet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (About My Poetry by Nazim Hikmet )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- <<< Brute Power, Abdul Wahab
- The Green Flash ll, Morgan Michaels
- AN UGLY WAR VERSUS A PRETTY PEACE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Mosley Manor, marriam anderson
- Desire, Avinash Nair
- My Grieving Heart, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- The Green Flash, Morgan Michaels
- The Rough Guide to Romantic Comedy, James Thomas Miller
- Recessional, James Thomas Miller
- Poverty Streets, Darren David Weaver