After Release From Prison
Where are you?
awake or sleeping-
to being in your own home.
This is just one more of the stupefactions
of spending thirteen years in a prison.
Who's lying at your side?
Not loneliness, but your wife,
in the peaceful sleep of an angel.
Pregnancy looks good on a woman.
What time is it?
That means you're safe until evening.
Because it's the practice of police
Never to raid homes in broad daylight.
Nazim Hikmet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After Release From Prison by Nazim Hikmet )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Very simple life, hasmukh amathalal
- SeeAn (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Jenny Cho (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Making It, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- Lisa Kelley (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Hello Spring, Ronald Chapman
- An empty sea, Piyush Dey
- Assembled Within The Gates Of Jerusalem, David Stewart Zammit
- THEY WERE THE PRETTIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE .., MOHAMMAD SKATI