Barry Van Allen
About Radio Frequency Identification (R.F.I.D.)
Hold on to your privates...
perhaps, the last chance you may have,
to keep the baby and the water,
- - - somewhere near the bath.
George Orwell was not right,
he was thirty years, or so, too early,
but, that does not make him wrong.
In 1949, he published '1984',
in Twenty-Fourteen, it may not seem,
as though he was a visionary,
you may be happy in complacency,
before you know what that will mean.
Big Brother won't be watching you,
... in your bathroom yet,
he will only know that you are there,
because the clothes you wear will tell him.
He has to know where those clothes go,
... you know, to track his inventory,
to stop the theft, for lower prices,
... and you will buy the story.
Without any luck at all,
the issue will get boring,
and you will never realize,
... that you ARE the inventory!
They will know everything about you,
what food you eat, what time you sleep,
what books you read,
and even where you keep your car keys.
Is it so much to comprehend,
that your T.V. may look back at you?
Who is on the other end?
although ' WHY? ', should be the question.
NOTE: Type ' R.F.I.D.' into your favorite
search engine, if you need to stay
awake some night.
Barry Van Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (About Radio Frequency Identification (R.F.I.D.) by Barry Van Allen )
- Invitation to Ground Zero, William Jay Smith
- Touch not, gajanan mishra
- At Inchon, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Always Yours, Michael McParland
- All rich, gajanan mishra
- ما كان ذنبي, قسطاكي الحمصي
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)