above the top
Keep your eye upon the clues:
the words unconsciously you drop
provide the where’s and why’s and who’s
that lie beneath, above the top.
Below it now lies Harold Pinter,
who found all words that lie below
the top in silence that, like winter,
is the source of melted snow.
In the depths of winter’s mid,
lies the warmth of spring’s renewal,
a problem for this British Yid,
whose loyalty became a duel.
The inspiration for the first quatrain of this poem was Harold Pinter, but I have lost the source. The second and third quatrains were written on the day his death was announced, the deep midwinter day of December 25th.
gershon hepner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (above the top by gershon hepner )
- 74, Naveed Khalid
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan