Absence of Father
Father, I do not hear your words
As in quiet space and black nightI am.
Where is your discipline?
Father, I do not see your love.
A vagabond heartless, lacking warmth I am.
Your creation, broken shattered.
Father, I do not feel your tenderness.
As in whiteness of coarse rock, rejected I am.
The rain falls, limestone crumbled.
Father, I do not smell your maleness.
The 'Oldspice' of a substitute, a product of such I am.
A surrogate on trial, imposter unreal.
Father, where is your strength?
It was used up for I am.
You gave it away.
The spawn of your existence,
The seed of your lineage.
Who are you?
To me nothing.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Absence of Father by ash enslow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Another Day, Michael McParland
- Another Christmas, Michael McParland
- Another, Michael McParland
- Anonymous Girl, Michael McParland
- I want to be a serial chiller with you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Upon A Star, Kewayne Wadley
- To my Gurudev...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- खामानिखौ मावलां जोहोलाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Estrange, micheal john
- J'attendrai, Michael Mira