I loved you tender, I loved you passionately
Everytime I think about you it's bittersweet
I'll always love you but you've dealt with me as if casually
Hurting me with lies and deceit
How can you be so cold,
When I gave you all I've got?
How can you have such a hold,
when you've had me more often than not?
No passion lies in your kiss
Guessing the fires no longer there
Often times I reminisce
of a love that never came to exist
Dangerously I was allured
Somewhere along the line you've became corrupt
not hesitating once, getting myself caught in your web
who would have known these feelings would erupt?
As you'd devour me completely
Love is suppose to be pure
So, why inside do I continue to hurt?
you try and justify your actions but remain obscure
this was the crisis I could not avert; this left an injured feeling that could not be mended
Marcquiese Burrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abusive Lover by Marcquiese Burrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Freedom From A Dreary Forest, Monk E. Biz
- I, Me, Mine, Manisha parmar
- My Silver Dime, Is It Poetry
- Cavern, Morgan Michaels
- Lumber Jack Dupree, Denis Bourgeau
- this is for you...or whatever, Mandolyn ...
- O Seductress Of Mine, Folayemi Akande
- if the sun blows up, come find me, Mandolyn ...
- Midnight (i), binod bastola