Aching In My Heart
The aching in my heart
Like sweetest kiss of scent
From love's bouquet.
As I fly into Summer sky
Wearing white robes of cloud,
And the touch of you.
That gift from the sun,
The smile in your soul
With sweet embrace, you await.
Wearing the stars
As only your eyes can do.
The aching in my heart
That buzzes like the promise of Spring
Across field of dancing flower.
Conducted by the breeze.
Swaying in the twilight.
And waiting for the moon's late hour.
To light their canvas in blue.
What unknown chord
Love strikes within me.
You dance through every symphony unwritten.
Your beauty sings.
And you find me smitten.
Among forgotten rainbows,
Like silver raindrops
Crying on a window pane
I call in silence.
You thrill me and fill me
With the magic of a sunrise.
And the death of a sunset.
Only sweet goodbyes,
'Til tomorrows dawn whispers
We are both reborn.
I wait in eternity.
For your forever kiss.
Every night I hold you
In a dream
Where only you and I
Can play a part.
Will always exist
Within my aching heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aching In My Heart by Kevin East )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- There Is A Time When One Forces Oneself .., Shalom Freedman
- Lament to the Full Moon, Geoffrey Fafard
- Roach Talk, Ima Ryma
- Haiku A Butterfly By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- MERCY OUR COVALENCY REMAINS WITH BUOYANCY, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Haiku A Wizened Rose By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- A Cleaner World, Luis Estable
- A Coronary Relapse, white dove
- When I Die, Luis Estable
- As if I'd Fallen in Its Waves by Sophy.., Sophy Chen