Across these miles I wish you well.
May nothing haunt your heart but sleep.
May you not sense what I don't tell.
May you not dream, or doubt, or weep.
May what my pen this peaceless day
Writes on this page not reach your view
Till its deferred print lets you say
It speaks to someone else than you.
Vikram Seth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Across by Vikram Seth )
Did you read them?
- A doggerel ounce!, Sreeram Vasudevan
- THE COME BACK., Terry Collett
- The smell that brought back memories, Sneha R.V
- About Me, Sreeram Vasudevan
- Maturity, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Exhausted, Paola Degli Esposti
- Emptiness, michael walkerjohn
- Invisible Love, Kumarmani Mahakul
- When Fishes Flew, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Restricted And Limited, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)