Across these miles I wish you well.
May nothing haunt your heart but sleep.
May you not sense what I don't tell.
May you not dream, or doubt, or weep.
May what my pen this peaceless day
Writes on this page not reach your view
Till its deferred print lets you say
It speaks to someone else than you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Across by Vikram Seth )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou