Tangible qualities, characteristics, traits, and charac both tangible and credible observed and believed.
Noteworthy qualities to me that I am prompted to aspire to obtain them.
The good that I see is worthy of having to me.
So simplistic they look on you that I believe that I can have them too.
If I could just get close enough to you, I’d attempt to see how I measure up now.
I’d measure by our shoulders, raise my head, stand up straight with my shoulders pinned back.
All of this I’d do just to see how I stack up against you.
Man when I get older I will be big like you.
To be like is my aim, as a child I did not strive to overtake you.
My aim was to be like you because I liked the things that I saw in you. see look how close I am now.
When does child-like admiration turn to envy and jealousy?
A youthful heart stands humble until unhealthy disappointments are experienced by arrogance.
Resist the personal injury that a prideful stance will do to you.
Safeguard your youthful heart against self-inflicted wound and maintain your joy.
Admiration of good is goodness admittedly absent in you.
Timothy Branch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Admiration by Timothy Branch )
- Prisoner's Song, Tony Adah
- Anticipation, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dream, shakil ahmed
- My boat is sinking ever so slowly, JIBAN GOSWAMI
- You Can Lil story, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Exploitation, gajanan mishra
- Three Simple Words, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Loving Others, Tom Zart
- Law Breakers, Tony Adah
- Our India is the best country of the who.., Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Men, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)