Tangible qualities, characteristics, traits, and charac both tangible and credible observed and believed.
Noteworthy qualities to me that I am prompted to aspire to obtain them.
The good that I see is worthy of having to me.
So simplistic they look on you that I believe that I can have them too.
If I could just get close enough to you, I’d attempt to see how I measure up now.
I’d measure by our shoulders, raise my head, stand up straight with my shoulders pinned back.
All of this I’d do just to see how I stack up against you.
Man when I get older I will be big like you.
To be like is my aim, as a child I did not strive to overtake you.
My aim was to be like you because I liked the things that I saw in you. see look how close I am now.
When does child-like admiration turn to envy and jealousy?
A youthful heart stands humble until unhealthy disappointments are experienced by arrogance.
Resist the personal injury that a prideful stance will do to you.
Safeguard your youthful heart against self-inflicted wound and maintain your joy.
Admiration of good is goodness admittedly absent in you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Admiration by Timothy Branch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Am I?, Michael P. McParland
- Always Yours, Michael P. McParland
- Always You, Michael P. McParland
- Always Thinking Of You, Michael P. McParland
- Always, Michael P. McParland
- All The Love We Hide, Michael P. McParland
- Flummoxed, douglas scotney
- The Ex, stephen pennell
- Let Us Lay Down, Michael P. McParland
- Clears Throat, Mae AC.