Obed dela Cruz
I’m tortured! Everything became vanity;
Though I get what I want, I’m not satisfied.
Nothing can fill the empty spaces in me.
It feels like long ago I’ve already died!
I come to seek the lost joy I once possessed
And the stolen smiles that are kept from my face.
I want to be happy, not just to be stressed.
I long the peace of an eternal embrace.
My feet became weary from running away
Towards the falling sun of my horizon.
I have taken paths that made me go astray.
O GOD, save me from this dark unknown region!
Though I’ve shown stubbornness, please show me Your mercy.
Be kind to me O Lord though I’ve turned my back
From Your wisdom to this world’s philosophy!
Now my Lord, Your truth I never want to lack.
I don’t want bitter waters to flow again
Through these eyes You gave to see your power.
Let me never forget that I’m just a man
Under Your grace, authority, and scepter.
Copyright © 2010 by Obed Dela Cruz
(May 24,2010; Marikina City)
(This poem is written by OBED DC. To use it in a proper manner, please email him at email@example.com)
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Admission by Obed dela Cruz )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet II: My Heart Was Slain, Michael Drayton
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ozymandias, Percy Bysshe Shelley
Poem of the Day
- I LOST YOU, Sharen Suren
- the pleasure of old age, oskar hansen
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'One Art', Merton Lee
- Iron Road poem, As Fates Convolve, Sambanath Denis
- BEYOND DEATH, Michael P. Johnson
- Limerick-74, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Paul Butters Clerihew One, Paul Butters
- Ricordare, Colm Keenan
- The By The Way Song, Joseph Archer
- The Miraculous Escape of Robert Allan, t.., Max Plowman