Obed dela Cruz
I’m tortured! Everything became vanity;
Though I get what I want, I’m not satisfied.
Nothing can fill the empty spaces in me.
It feels like long ago I’ve already died!
I come to seek the lost joy I once possessed
And the stolen smiles that are kept from my face.
I want to be happy, not just to be stressed.
I long the peace of an eternal embrace.
My feet became weary from running away
Towards the falling sun of my horizon.
I have taken paths that made me go astray.
O GOD, save me from this dark unknown region!
Though I’ve shown stubbornness, please show me Your mercy.
Be kind to me O Lord though I’ve turned my back
From Your wisdom to this world’s philosophy!
Now my Lord, Your truth I never want to lack.
I don’t want bitter waters to flow again
Through these eyes You gave to see your power.
Let me never forget that I’m just a man
Under Your grace, authority, and scepter.
Copyright © 2010 by Obed Dela Cruz
(May 24,2010; Marikina City)
(This poem is written by OBED DC. To use it in a proper manner, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Admission by Obed dela Cruz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Never Give Up, Sandra Feldman
- To a Muslim Assalam to a Hindu Ram Ram, Akhtar Jawad
- Enchanted Evening, The Princess
- Into The Past, Randy McClave
- Got The Feeling, Arthur Moore
- When I am alone, gajanan mishra
- Off To War, Randy McClave
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes