Ace Of Black Hearts
(Advice Poem) A Letter To His Replacement
Harsh is a loss of love, and to replace its stead is not as easy as slicing bread.
Especially when one is so selective.
An elective not of your choice, but of his heart.
A caressing start.
But time over that which one obsesses.
Faults are created and can be easily agitated.
Gentle one says as if your capturing a butterfly within your hands.
Once damaged he will never be the same.
His vulnerabilities are not to blame.
His weakness is his pain.
And her hands have become stained.
He will loathe with an oath as a promise he takes to his grave.
A distraction is what he needs, that is what he craves.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((Advice Poem) A Letter To His Replacement by Ace Of Black Hearts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- New Alarm Clock, Ronald Chapman
- Blue Octavo Haiku, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Algonquin Afterthoughts, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- After Eden, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom