Alice Anne Gordon
Advice to a schizophrenic...
I drift and dream between inventions
of worlds that are not there. Illusionary, intentions
bearing down an unreal calamity.
Always after, finding normality.
Uncontrolled avenues of imagination
terrified of the self imposed brutality,
confused by its duality,
addicted to finding an explanation.
Skewed archytypes form dimensions
unknown and unreal. Balanced attention
needed in the prevention
of fatality. Can't focus all on mentality,
advised to curb temptation.
Alice Anne Gordon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Advice to a schizophrenic... by Alice Anne Gordon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(15 April 1958)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- QUARTER! 2015 Australian Open: Djokovic .., Vincent Wendele
Poem of the Day
- i'm on duty!, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- Battle Of Hard Knocks, Lyn Paul
- Expectancy ..(A Senryu w/ Haiku Syllabic.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Almost A Decade, Rimni chakravarty
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Smile!, Avinash Nair
- mGIC TREE, oskar hansen