Aging of Roe v Wade
For decades, Roe v Wade is law,
Allowing abortions to be.
But pro and anti both still gnaw
Away at the legality.
The fetal stages - battlegrounds
For armies to advance, retreat.
Partisan politics abounds
Each and ev'ry fetal heartbeat.
This war on life will not be won.
In many ways, both sides have lost.
No matter what tactics are done,
Humanity has paid high cost.
A fetus has no say so - yes!
To be or not to be - who's guess!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aging of Roe v Wade by Ima Ryma )
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL